Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Bobbi Brown Nectar Shimmerbrick Review and Swatches


Bobbi Brown Nectar Shimmerbrick

Bobbi Brown Nectar Shimmerbrick ($39.00, 0.40 oz., Sephora) is a warm highlighter/blush featuring 5 strips of varying coral, pink, and gold shades. Shimmerbricks are typically packaged in square plastic compacts with an included mirror. I did a few looks using Nectar here, here, and here.

The strips can be used individually as eyeshadows, but you'll have to use it over a base or primer and layer for opaque payoff. It has a thinner, harder texture but is still quite smooth. A single pass of a brush is enough to highlight cheeks, but a few more layers is necessary to build up as a blush. I find this particular Shimmerbrick shade to be really modern, beautiful, and flattering.

I love that it comes with so much product, because I can't see myself finishing this anytime soon. They're about the same as Benefit's older boxed powders. It wears well on me over foundation and tends to wear off quicker on bare skin. The packaging holds fingerprints very easily, but it's not that big of a problem to me. Nectar is my favorite Shimmerbrick to date because I love pinky corals, and this one isn't as frosty.







The mentioned product(s) was/were purchased by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment